We recognize the health disparities of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that the experiences of these communities must be valued in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities. For immediate consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter with our application form.
Portland Mental Health & Wellness is a thriving private practice and training practice with three locations in NE, SE, and SW Portland. We are a collaboration of psychologists, psychiatric prescribers, counselors, marriage and family therapists and our trainees. We emphasize relationship first and foremost and diagnosis and treatment from within that relationship.
We strongly emphasize trauma informed care, cultural competency, establishing comfort and safety for patients, and coordination of care with primary care doctors, specialists, pediatricians, schools, and other mental health clinicians.
New Patient Coordinator Lead
Supervisor: Practice Manager
Hours: FTE 40 hrs/week
Starting wage: $21.63 per hour
We are looking for a New Patient Coordinator Lead to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of patient scheduling and maintenance. The New Patient Coordinator is the first point of contact for almost all new patients. They are in charge of scheduling new patients coming into Portland Mental Health and answering incoming calls from existing patients. The New Patient Coordinator may perform other administrative tasks as requested by the clinical staff. The Team Lead has additional responsibilities which include assisting with the development of the NPC team.
- Use an Electronic Health Record system to perform the majority of job responsibilities
- Respond to new patient inquiries submitted online and via telephone calls within 2 business days (whenever possible)
- Screen patients, collect insurance information, assign the patient an account number and schedule an appointment in accordance with clinician and/or office guidelines
- Update patient demographics as needed
- Cancel/reschedule appointments as needed; notifies appropriate clinic personnel
- Provide referrals if patients are not appropriate for services at Portland Mental Health and Wellness
- Coordinate administrative efforts between clinician and patient
- Facilitate internal referrals for patients when their clinician leaves the practice
- Obtain and communicate messages in an accurate and timely manner
Team Lead Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delegate tasks as needed to meet project deadlines
- Communicate with Practice Manager about the team’s performance
- Serve as a point of contact for the NPC team’s training and development
- Monthly Bio Audit on company website
- Monthly Playbill audit – Going through the NPC Manual and making sure each topic is up to date and each script is updated with current providers.
- Meeting with New Clinicians to go over Caseload and scheduling.
New Patient Coordinator must show the ability to:
- Work well independently
- Communicate professionally and effectively with patients and clinicians
- Answer electronic phone systems with excellent phone demeanor; warm/friendly tone, articulate, provide intelligible responses to patient questions or concerns
- Work with Mac OS & GSuite
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of HIPAA policies and regulations
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and organization
- Show compassion: New Patient Coordinator sees people during moments of trauma or crisis, where they and their family are vulnerable or in pain
- Demonstrate patience: Being patient with people who may have trouble communicating or understanding what is happening is important in this role
- Follow policies and procedures to contribute to the administrative efficiency of the practice
- Demonstrate strong computer skills including web based systems
Portland Mental Health is an equal opportunity employer. We support and encourage diversity.