We recognize the health disparities of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that the experiences of these communities must be valued in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities. For immediate consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter with our application form.
Portland Mental Health & Wellness is a thriving private practice and training practice with three locations in NE, SE, and SW Portland. We are a collaboration of psychologists, psychiatric prescribers, counselors, marriage and family therapists and our trainees. We emphasize relationship first and foremost and diagnosis and treatment from within that relationship.
We strongly emphasize trauma informed care, cultural competency, establishing comfort and safety for patients, and coordination of care with primary care doctors, specialists, pediatricians, schools, and other mental health clinicians.
Administrative Assistant – Full-time
- 40 hours per week Monday through Friday
- Reports to the Practice Manager
- Answer all incoming phone calls, screen them, take messages, and/or forward them to the appropriate staff
- Digital filing of patient documents
- Schedule/reschedule/cancel appointments as necessary
- Process phone requests for rescheduled or canceled appointments
- Process incoming and outgoing faxes including records requests, Release of Information forms, and Care Coordination Letters
- Provide front desk coverage which includes scanning insurance cards, adding credit cards to charts, collecting copays as needed
- Help to complete EHR charts for new patients which includes contacting patients to complete paperwork as needed
- Provide coverage for the New Patient Coordinator(s) when they are sick or on vacation
- Organize the waiting room, which may include organizing magazines, watering plants, stocking tea, etc
- Enter patient data into MOTS
- Take meeting minutes during the monthly all-staff meeting
- Manage/update the PMHW Referrals spreadsheet quarterly
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent
- Fluent in Google Suite
- 2 years experience working in behavioral health or medical office environment preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Competent organizational and time management skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of persons with behavioral health concerns
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Maintains a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Follow all guidelines set by HIPAA
- $17.00 per hour to start
Portland Mental Health & Wellness offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees that includes:
- Paid sick time (40 hrs to start)
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401K retirement with 3-4% company match once eligible
- 20% discount on vitamins & supplements through Wellevate
- Monthly happy hour and other extracurricular activities
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter with our application form.
Portland Mental Health is an equal opportunity employer. We support and encourage diversity.