Portland Mental Health & Wellness is a thriving private practice and training practice with two locations in NE and SE Portland. We are a collaboration of psychologists, psychiatric prescribers, counselors and our trainees. We emphasize a focus on relating with the person first and foremost and addressing diagnosis and treatment from within the relationship.
Clinical staff can expect a professional, collegial and relational environment in which we strive to be collaborative, creative and supportive across disciplines. We prioritize opportunities for formal and informal consultation and have administrative support systems in place that allow us to focus primarily on meeting with our patients.
We strongly emphasize trauma informed care, cultural competency, establishing comfort and safety for patients, and on coordination of care with primary care doctors, specialists, pediatricians, schools, and other mental health clinicians.
Full and part time positions, evening and weekend hours available, at Sandy Blvd and Division St. locations.
We work with adolescents and adults who primarily present with depression, anxiety, trauma, ADHD, and substance disorders. We see patients with both commercial insurance and Medicaid. All patients are served in our SE Division and NE Sandy office locations.
- The therapist works with our staff of licensed mental health providers as well as trainees to provide comprehensive mental health care.
- The therapist collaborates with community partners, colleagues, and patients to provide patient-centered, strengths-based, individualized and tailored care.
- Full time therapist maintains an average weekly schedule of at least 23 clinical contact hours per week over four days.
- Part time therapist maintains an average weekly schedule of at least 18 clinical contact hours per week over three days.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required.
- The therapist participates in weekly two hour consultation group.
- The therapist attends twice monthly staff meetings on Friday mornings.
- The therapist completes all clinical documentation on time and completely.
- Three or more years postgraduate experience providing mental health treatment
- Masters or Doctorate degree in a mental health related field.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice mental health therapy in Oregon (Ph.D., Psy.D., LCSW, LPC, LMFT).
- National Provider Identification number (NPI) prior to start date of employment.
- Commitment to working collaboratively with staff of diverse backgrounds, training, and levels of experience and to promoting teamwork in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and positively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated capacity for working in a paperless environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to the preservation of a workplace which embraces diversity.
- Proficient in Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment utilizing DSM-5, but also able to conceptualize patients from a biopsychosocial perspective and think relationally in clinical work.
- Willing to embrace cultural humility and self-reflection as vital aspects of clinical work and collegial/interprofesional interaction.
- Familiarity with Feedback Informed Treatment
- Experience in treatment of PTSD and complex trauma, Depression and Anxiety Presentations, and personality or character adaptation presentations.
- Skills in case management and coordination with multidisciplinary teams in order to meet environmental needs of clients.
- Experience and training in the use of evidence based and trauma informed therapies for children, families, and/or individual adults.
- Computer skills for efficient use of Electronic Health Records systems, HIPAA compliant communication, use of Google Suite.
- Competency in working with a diverse client population, including clients from a wide range of socioeconomic backgrounds, religious minority clients, clients from communities of color, and sexual minority, transgender and gender non-binary clients.
- Understanding of professional ethics in regard to professional boundaries, client confidentiality, abuse reporting, safety concerns, and hospitalizations.
- Advanced skills in rapport building, collaboration, professional communication, and navigating a variety of professional, peer, and client relationships.
Compensation for the provision of clinical services is based on commission dependent upon productivity.
Portland Mental Health & Wellness offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees that includes:
- Paid sick time (40 hrs to start)
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision insurance*
- 401K retirement with 3-4% company match once eligible
- Loan repayment program opportunity through the Oregon Office of Rural Health
- Annual CE allowance
- Opportunities for provision of supervision and training
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus*
- Unlimited time off
- 20% discount on vitamins & supplements through Wellevate
- Weekly consultation groups
*These benefits are available for full time staff only.
Start date dependent upon insurance credentialing status and may take between 1-4 months. You can learn more about our practice at portlandmh.com.
For immediate consideration, please submit a CV and cover letter with our application form.