We recognize the health disparities of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that the experiences of these communities must be valued in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities. For immediate consideration, please submit a CV and cover letter with our application form.
Psychiatrist or PMHNP
Portland Mental Health & Wellness is a thriving private practice and training practice with two locations in NE and SE Portland. We are a collaboration of psychologists, psychiatric prescribers, counselors and our trainees. We emphasize a focus on relating with the person first and foremost and addressing diagnosis and treatment from within the relationship.
Clinical staff can expect a professional, collegial and relational environment in which we strive to be collaborative, creative and supportive across disciplines. We prioritize opportunities for formal and informal consultation and have administrative support systems in place that allow us to focus primarily on meeting with our patients.
We strongly emphasize trauma informed care, cultural competency, establishing comfort and safety for patients, and on coordination of care with primary care doctors, specialists, pediatricians, schools, and other mental health clinicians.
We work with adolescents and adults who primarily present with depression, anxiety, trauma, ADHD, and substance disorders. We see patients with both commercial insurance and Medicaid. All patients are served in our SE Division and NE Sandy office locations.
- The psychiatrist or PMHNP works with our staff of licensed mental health providers as well as trainees to provide comprehensive mental health care.
- The psychiatrist or PMHNP collaborates with community partners, colleagues, and patients to provide patient-centered, strengths-based, individualized and tailored care.
- The psychiatrist or PMHNP would provide medication management and psychotherapy services in our SE Division and NE Sandy office locations 2-3 full days per week (or equivalent) with potential for full time hours if desired.
- The psychiatrist or PMHNP would function as the designated Licensed Medical Provider for PMHW, which includes reviewing charts in collaboration with other licensed clinicians.
- Less a responsibility and more a mention of support, the PMHNP role includes a designated support staff for all clerical needs.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Oregon with full prescriptive authority and DEA certificate in good standing.
- Two years experience working with adolescents and adults in outpatient private practice setting; demonstrated competence in assessment, diagnosis, medication evaluation and current, sound prescriptive practices.
- Commitment to working collaboratively with staff of diverse backgrounds, training, and levels of experience and to promoting teamwork in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Coordinates care with physicians in the community as needed.
- Acts as the clinical expert on psychiatry and provides information, consultation and assistance together with health care professionals at Portland Mental Health & Wellness.
- New patient medication management visits are 60 minutes, Return patient medication management visits are 30 minutes and therapy visits are 60 minutes. Phone and urgent appointments are 15 minutes as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and positively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated capacity for working in a paperless environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to the preservation of a workplace which embraces diversity. Demonstrated ability and willingness to teach/mentor and train staff.
- Proficient in Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment utilizing DSM-5, but also able to conceptualize the patient presentation outside the medical model.
- Experience in treatment of PTSD and complex trauma, Depression and Anxiety Presentations, and personality or character adaptation presentations.
- Skills in case management and coordination with multidisciplinary teams in order to meet environmental needs of clients.
- Experience and training in the use of evidence based and trauma informed therapies for children, families, and/or individual adults.
- Computer skills for efficient use of Electronic Health Records systems, HIPAA compliant communication, use of Google Suite.
- Competency in working with a diverse client population, including clients from a wide range of socioeconomic backgrounds, religious minority clients, clients from communities of color, and sexual minority, transgender and gender non-binary clients.
- Understanding of professional ethics in regard to professional boundaries, client confidentiality, abuse reporting, safety concerns, and hospitalizations.
- Advanced skills in rapport building, collaboration, professional communication, and navigating a variety of professional, peer, and client relationships.
Compensation – 60% of revenue with expected range of $100K-$180 dependent on FTE.
Portland Mental Health & Wellness offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees that includes:
- Paid sick time (40 hrs to start)
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision insurance for full time clinicians
- 401K retirement with 3-4% company match once eligible
- Loan repayment program opportunity through the Oregon Office of Rural Health
- Opportunities for provision of supervision and training
- Annual CE allowance
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Unlimited time off
- 20% discount on vitamins & supplements through Wellevate
- Weekly consultation groups
- Monthly happy hour and other extracurricular activities
Start date dependent upon insurance credentialing status and may take between 1-4 months. You can learn more about our practice at portlandmh.com. Positions are available at our Division St. & Sandy Blvd. locations.
For immediate consideration, please submit a CV and cover letter with our application form.