We recognize the health disparities of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that the experiences of these communities must be valued in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities. For immediate consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter with our application form.
Portland Mental Health & Wellness is a thriving private practice and training practice with three locations in NE, SE, and SW Portland. We are a collaboration of psychologists, psychiatric prescribers, counselors and our trainees. We emphasize a focus on relating with the person first and foremost and addressing diagnosis and treatment from within the relationship.
Clinical staff can expect a professional, collegial and relational environment in which we strive to be collaborative, creative and supportive across disciplines. We prioritize opportunities for formal and informal consultation and have administrative support systems in place that allow us to focus primarily on meeting with our patients.
We strongly emphasize trauma informed care, cultural competency, establishing comfort and safety for patients, and on coordination of care with primary care doctors, specialists, pediatricians, schools, and other mental health clinicians.
The Medical Director is responsible for overseeing and developing the medical department at Portland Mental Health and Wellness including oversight of peer to peer consultation, ensuring licensure compliance as well as coding and documentation compliance, and generally being a go-to-resource for the medical team agency wide. This position must have a positive and supportive attitude toward the agency and its overall success with an eye toward support and best practices. Must have the ability to think globally and holistically, solve problems, and have good decision-making and communication skills. The Medical Director will maintain an average of 18 clinical contact hours weekly to maintain full time employment status.
- Create weekly management reports that summarize medical team caseloads, to do lists, and documentation status.
- Participate in 1 hour bi-monthly medical team meetings.
- Participate in 1-2 hour bi-weekly clinical management meetings.
- Participate in weekly clinical consultation groups with clinical staff.
- Conduct and document quarterly reviews for all medical staff.
- Assist the PMHW Director with facilitating medical discussions and trainings during the monthly all-staff meeting as needed.
- Participate in second-round interviews for candidates for medical team positions including LMPs and MAs.
- Provide input and feedback on policies and procedures and actively assist the PMHW Director in the development of same as the medical department develops.
- Solicit feedback from the medical team to provide to management and generally act as a liaison between the medical and leadership teams.
- Convey information regarding policies and practices to medical staff and participate in training of new medical staff.
- Conduct monthly chart audits to ensure compliance and consistency in medical charting standards in accordance with PMHW policies & procedures and to ensure quality and appropriateness of medical care.
- Provide additional support for new medical team members upon hire and for the first 2 weeks (at most) to ensure compliance with PMHW policies & procedures.
- Provide additional support for medical team members leaving PMHW – monitor termination letters and patient transfers to ensure a smooth transition and conduct exit interviews as appropriate.
- Act as point of contact for external chart audits as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
Must Show Ability To:
- Demonstrate an understanding of sound ethical and medical practice in conjunction with the established and defined ethics of one’s training and discipline.
- Demonstrate competence in leadership, wellness, oversight and evaluation of services, staff development, service planning, case management and coordination, utilization of community resources, documentation and rationale for service to promote intended outcomes and implementation of PMHW policies.
- Remain up to date with current PMHW goals, policies, and requirements set forth by PMHW contracted insurance companies.
- Function proficiently in a web-based computer environment and demonstrate proficiency in charting abilities in a timely manner.
- Effectively organize time and responsibilities.
- Respond with appropriate level of urgency to issues raised by clinicians and MAs, prioritize importance, effectively triage, and resolve issues or delegate as appropriate.
- Model through behaviors and attitudes the values that reflect and are consistent with the policies and core values of PMHW.
- Maintain an average of 18 clinical contact hours per week to maintain full time employment status.
- Active LMP License in the State of Oregon with full independent prescriptive authority
- A doctoral degree in Medicine or DNP from an AMA accredited university, or have an active medical license with a minimum of 5 years experience as a psychiatric prescriber working successfully with a clinical team.
- Fluent in Google Suite
- Knowledge of general office machines, telephone systems, and other information systems
- Comfortable working paperless, using and saving files electronically
- Competent organizational and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Maintains a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Follow all guidelines set by HIPAA
Portland Mental Health & Wellness offers a competitive benefits package for full time clinical employees that includes:
- Paid sick time (40 hrs to start)
- Paid holidays
- Unlimited unpaid vacation
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401K retirement with 3-4% company match once eligible
- 20% discount on vitamins & supplements through Wellevate
- Monthly happy hour and other extracurricular activities
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter with our application form.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter. Feel free to visit our website at portlandmh.com