Doctoral Internship Training Director
We recognize the health disparities of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that the experiences of these communities must be valued in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
In the role of Doctoral Internship Training Director, the Employee identifies training needs and manages, develops, coordinates, documents, and conducts training programs for the Doctoral Internship Program. They are responsible for ensuring Portland Mental Health & Wellness (PMHW) policies and procedures are followed appropriately by the clinical Doctoral Interns. This position must have a positive and supportive attitude toward the agency and its overall success. Must have the ability to think globally, solve problems, and have good decision-making skills. For consideration please proceed with an application.
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with this position. Management reserves the right to modify, and/or remove duties as necessary.
- Creation of a doctoral-level internship program with the goal of APPIC and future APA accreditation.
- Facilitation and delegation of tasks to the Internship Committee.
- Co-facilitation and delegation of tasks to Training Department Administrative Assistant.
- Manage application process to APPIC membership.
- Achieve and maintain good standing with APPIC Accredited Site.
- Manage Match process with APPIC Internship annually.
- Manage application process to APA (once qualified to apply).
- Achieve and maintain good standing as an APA Accredited Internship Site.
- Manage annual recruitment of qualified intern candidates, including but is not limited to: job posting, establishing hiring committee, creating applicant rating system, interview day coordination and management, coordinating and delegating appropriately to facilitate room assignments work schedules, and onboarding processes.
- Coordination of Supervisors assigned to doctoral interns.
- Provision of weekly clinical group supervision to doctoral interns.
- Participate in bi-weekly Supervision of Supervision.
- Point of contact for doctoral interns and supervisors with training related questions.
- Design and coordinate (with Training Director) Didactic Seminar schedule, including recruiting both doctoral internal and external presenters.
- Co-facilitate with the Office Manager & Human Resource Manager all credentialing and other legal or insurance requirements for new doctoral interns.
- Co-facilitate doctoral intern orientation.
- Coordinate End-of-Term evaluations with doctoral interns.
- Weekly Management Reports for doctoral interns and supervisors.
- Communicate with the doctoral interns home programs as needed.
- Facilitate exit interviews for doctoral interns.
- Ongoing review, analysis, and improvements for PMHW doctoral internship clinical training program.
- Regular co-planning with Training Director (of externs and postdocs) for the overall health, success, and sustainability of the PMHW Training Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Doctoral Internship Training Director must show the ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of sound ethical practice in conjunction with the established and defined ethics of one’s training and discipline.
- Be highly cognizant of their various roles and boundaries.
- Serve as the liaison between the doctoral internship program and doctoral interns’ graduate programs and are responsible for maintaining communication regarding doctoral interns’ progress and any difficulties.
- Remain up to date with current PMHW goals and policies, and the requirements set forth by PMHW contracted insurance companies.
- Think systematically to coordinate complex schedules and training requirements.
- Function proficiently in a web-based computer environment.
- Effectively organize time and responsibilities.
- Respond with appropriate level of urgency to issues raised by doctoral interns and/or supervisors, prioritize importance, and resolve issues or delegate as appropriate.
- Model through behaviors and attitudes that reflect and are consistent with the policies and values of PMHW.
- Hours of employment: Full time employee will work four days per week, and is expected to work not less than 9 hours per day.
- Doctoral Internship Training Director is expected to see an average of 18 patients per week to maintain full time employment status.
- Licensed Psychologist in the state of Oregon.
- At least two years post-licensure clinical experience.
- Experience managing or significant leadership role within a APA Accredited doctoral Internship program.
- Experience managing or significant role related to navigating APPIC and/or APA Accreditation process.
- Experience managing or significant leadership role in program development.
The requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. By signing below, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the Essential Functions of this job, with or without accommodation. If an accommodation is needed, you acknowledge that you have been given an opportunity to discuss this with Human Resources. Please submit an application here for consideration.