We recognize the health disparities of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that the experiences of these communities must be valued in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities. For immediate consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter with our application form.
Portland Mental Health & Wellness is a thriving private practice and training practice with two locations in NE and SE Portland. We are a collaboration of psychologists, psychiatric prescribers, counselors and our trainees. We emphasize a focus on relating with the person first and foremost and addressing diagnosis and treatment from within the relationship.
Staff can expect a professional, collegial and relational environment in which we strive to be collaborative, creative and supportive across disciplines. We prioritize opportunities for formal and informal consultation and have administrative support systems in place that allow us to focus primarily on meeting with our patients.
We strongly emphasize trauma informed care, cultural competency, establishing comfort and safety for patients, and on coordination of care with primary care doctors, specialists, pediatricians, schools, and other mental health clinicians.
- Full time – 40 hours per week (8:30a – 5p or 9a – 5:30p) Monday through Friday
- Triage questions related to medications, pharmacies, prior authorizations, etc between 3 prescribers and their patients
- Communicate with pharmacies in order to resolve issues with patient prescriptions
- Submit prior authorizations when requested
- Facilitate lab orders from the prescribers with hospitals or medical offices
- Obtain and upload ORPDM reports for all new medication management patients
- Obtain and monitor requests for records for patients of the 3 prescribers
- Obtain and communicate messages in an accurate and timely manner
- Collect patient vital signs, prepare patients for their appointment with their prescriber when needed
- Schedule follow up appointments
- Collect patient copays at check in
- Facilitate urine drug screenings as requested by the prescriber
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Completion of a nationally recognized accredited medical assistant training program
- Medical Assistant certification received from a nationally recognized and accredited certifying body
- At least 2 years of medical/mental health office experience
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of computer literacy – we are a paperless office and use multiple online programs
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Flexibility – we are a growing company and periodic adjustments to the position are likely to happen. We value communication and employee input and would have a conversation prior to making adjustments.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to assist our patients and clinicians no matter how small or complex the problems are. Problem solving on the fly so that patients do not feel they are being passed off, so their needs are heard and solved.
Portland Mental Health & Wellness offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees that includes:
- Paid sick time (40 hrs to start)
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401K retirement with 3-4% company match once eligible
- 20% discount on vitamins & supplements through Wellevate
- Monthly happy hour and other extracurricular activities
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter with our application form.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter. Feel free to visit our website at portlandmh.com