We recognize the health disparities of people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that the experiences of these communities must be valued in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
The clinical director is responsible for overseeing and developing the clinical department at designated location including clinical consultation, supporting with compliance, and generally being a go-to-resource for clinicians on site. This position must have a positive and supportive attitude toward the agency and its overall success. Must have the ability to think globally, solve problems, and have good decision-making skills. For consideration please proceed with an application.
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with this position. Management reserves the right to modify, and/or remove duties as necessary.
- Create weekly management reports that summarize clinician caseloads, to do lists, and documentation status. Follow up with clinicians as needed.
- Participate in 1 hour bi-weekly clinical director meetings.
- Participate in 1 hour bi-weekly clinical management meetings.
- Participate in and help facilitate 2 hour weekly clinical consultation groups.
- Conduct and document quarterly reviews for clinicians.
- Assist the PMHW Director with facilitating clinical discussions during the monthly all-staff meeting.
- Participate in second-round interviews for select candidates for clinical positions, when possible.
- Provide input and feedback on policies and procedures.
- Solicit feedback from clinicians to provide to management.
- Convey information regarding policies and practices to clinicians.
- Conduct chart audits to ensure compliance with PMHW policies & procedures.
- Provide additional support and sign off on clinical staff documentation of new clinicians upon hire and for the first 2 weeks (at most) to ensure compliance with PMHW policies & procedures.
- Provide additional support for clinicians leaving PMHW – monitor termination letters and patient transfers to ensure a smooth transition.
Clinical director must show the ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of sound ethical practice in conjunction with the established and defined ethics of one’s training and discipline.
- Demonstrated competence in leadership, wellness, oversight and evaluation of services, staff development, service planning, case management and coordination, utilization of community resources, group, family and individual therapy or counseling, documentation and rationale for service to promote intended outcomes and implementation of PMHW policies.
- Remain up to date with current PMHW goals and policies, and requirements set forth by PMHW contracted insurance companies.
- Function proficiently in a web-based computer environment.
- Effectively organize time and responsibilities.
- Respond with appropriate level of urgency to issues raised by clinicians, prioritize importance, and resolve issues or delegate as appropriate.
- Model through behaviors and attitudes the values that reflect and are consistent with the policies and values of PMHW.
- Maintain an average of 18 clinical contact hours per week to maintain full time employment status.
- Must be able to see, hear, carry, bend, sit and use a keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to focus in an open office environment which may include direct or indirect interruptions.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to fluorescent lights and computer monitors.
- Active Oregon Psychologist license
- A doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology or Counseling Psychology from an APA accredited university
- Fluent in Google Suite
- Knowledge of general office machines, telephone systems, and other information systems
- Comfortable working paperless, using and saving files electronically
- Competent organizational and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Maintains a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Follow all guidelines set by HIPAA
The requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. By signing below, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the Essential Functions of this job, with or without accommodation. If an accommodation is needed, you acknowledge that you have been given an opportunity to discuss this with Human Resources. Please submit an application here for consideration.