The clinical director is responsible for overseeing and developing the clinical department at designated location including clinical consultation, supporting with compliance, and generally being a go-to-resource for clinicians on site. This position must have a positive and supportive attitude toward the agency and its overall success. Must have the ability to think globally, solve problems, and have good decision-making skills. For consideration please proceed with an application.
We strongly emphasize trauma-informed, patient-centered, culturally competent care. We strive to focus on establishing comfort and safety for patients, integrating anti-racist policies and practices, and on coordination of care with primary care doctors, specialists, pediatricians, schools, and other mental health clinicians
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with this position. Management reserves the right to modify, and/or remove duties as necessary.
- Create weekly management reports that summarize clinician caseloads, to do lists, and documentation status. Follow up with clinicians as needed.
- Participate in 1 hour bi-weekly clinical director meetings.
- Participate in 2 hour bi-weekly clinical management meetings.
- Participate in 2 hour bi-weekly anti-racism consultation and training group with leadership team.
- Participate in and help facilitate 2 hour weekly clinical consultation groups.
- Conduct and document quarterly reviews for clinicians.
- Assist the PMHW Director with facilitating clinical discussions during the monthly all-staff meeting.
- Participate in second-round interviews for select candidates for clinical positions, when possible.
- Provide input and feedback on policies and procedures.
- Solicit feedback from clinicians to provide to management.
- Convey information regarding policies and practices to clinicians.
- Conduct chart audits to ensure compliance with PMHW policies & procedures.
- Provide additional support and sign off on clinical staff documentation of new clinicians upon hire and for the first 2 weeks (at most) to ensure compliance with PMHW policies & procedures.
- Provide additional support for clinicians leaving PMHW – monitor termination letters and patient transfers to ensure a smooth transition.
Clinical director must show the ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of sound ethical practice in conjunction with the established and defined ethics of one’s training and discipline.
- Demonstrated competence in leadership, wellness, oversight and evaluation of services, staff development, service planning, case management and coordination, utilization of community resources, group, family and individual therapy or counseling, documentation and rationale for service to promote intended outcomes and implementation of PMHW policies.’
- Demonstrated competence and humility in terms of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, class, ability et al, in clinical work and management style.
- Demonstrated commitment to the preservation of a workplace which embraces diversity.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to teach/mentor and train staff.
- Remain up to date with current PMHW goals and policies, and requirements set forth by PMHW contracted insurance companies.
- Function proficiently in a web-based computer environment.
- Effectively organize time and responsibilities.
- Respond with appropriate level of urgency to issues raised by clinicians, prioritize importance, and resolve issues or delegate as appropriate.
- Model through behaviors and attitudes the values that reflect and are consistent with the policies and values of PMHW.
- Maintain an average of 18 clinical contact hours per week to maintain full time employment status.
- Must be able to see, hear, carry, bend, sit and use a keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to focus in an open office environment which may include direct or indirect interruptions.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to fluorescent lights and computer monitors.
- Active Oregon license.
- A masters or doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology or Counseling Psychology from an APA accredited university.
- Fluent in Google Suite.
- Knowledge of general office machines, telephone systems, and other information systems.
- Comfortable working paperless, using and saving files electronically.
- Competent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- Maintains a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Follow all guidelines set by HIPAA.
Portland Mental Health & Wellness offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees that includes:
- Clinical Director Salary + Flat Rate Commission for Clinical Services
- Paid sick time (40 hrs to start)
- Paid holidays (40 hrs)
- Health, Dental Vision covered at 60%
- Employer Paid Life/AD&D
- Voluntary Short Term Disability
- 401K retirement with 3-4% company match once eligible
- Loan repayment program opportunity through the Oregon Office of Rural Health
- Opportunities for provision of supervision and training
- Annual CE allowance
- Quarterly profit sharing incentive
- Unlimited unpaid time off
- 20% discount on vitamins & supplements through Wellevate
- Weekly consultation groups
- Monthly happy hour and other extracurricular activities
Start date is flexible with the option of immediate start following internal credentialing.
For immediate consideration, please submit a CV and cover letter with our application form.