TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES AT PORTLAND MENTAL HEALTH & WELLNESS
Portland Mental Health and Wellness is a private, group practice that offers externs and postdocs with an interest in working with clients of diverse and intersecting identities an exciting opportunity to deepen their therapy skills. Our clinicians practice from relational and process-oriented models and focus on the whole person in the context in which they live. Staff psychologists practice from gestalt, psychodynamic, and other person-focused and process-oriented frameworks. Supervision utilizes a therapeutic model in an effort to both support and challenge our trainees to attend to both their patients and their own process.
Portland Mental Health & Wellness has three locations in Portland to which clinicians may be assigned: 3050 SE Division St., Ste 215, Portland, OR 97202, 1785 NE Sandy Blvd, Ste 270, Portland, OR 97232, and our newest location downtown 812 SW Washington St., Ste 700, Portland, OR 97205.
Portland Mental Health & Wellness is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic clinical staff. We are committed to sustaining a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from underrepresented or marginalized groups. We are an equal opportunity training site: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for externship and postdoctoral placements without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, as well as those not protected by law.
NOTE: We do not offer training opportunities for current masters program students at this time. If you are looking for LPC/CSWA Intern opportunities, please see application process at the bottom of this page.
Portland Mental Health and Wellness provides advanced clinical placements for doctoral students. This is a primary placement (16 hrs/wk minimum). The placement includes the following:
- Brave space environment to challenge, develop, and grow personally and professionally
- Start Date: August 16, 2021
- Days: Mondays 9 AM – 6 PM and Tuesdays 9 AM – 6 PM at one of our three locations
- Caseloads: 9 patients/week by mid September
- Weekly individual supervision and group supervision
- Alternating biweekly didactic training and process group
We expect our trainees to have advanced clinical skills, including the ability to demonstrate interest and curiosity with ambiguity and uncertainty and be prepared to explore their own process and clinical judgment. Furthermore, candidates must demonstrate a commitment to working with clients of diverse and intersecting identities. As such we are only accepting applications from doctoral students with master’s degrees.
Now Accepting Applications:
- Interested candidates are asked to first review our organizational culture page to learn more about PMHW, how we work, and access their commitment to becoming a contributing member of this culture. If after reviewing this page you continue to be excited about applying we are currently accepting applications for the 2021-2022 training year’s externship placement positions. Application materials must include the following to be considered complete and ready for review:
- Letter of Interest
- Current CV
- The most recent review from your current externship placement
PSYCHOLOGIST RESIDENT (POSTDOC)
Portland Mental Health and Wellness offers four full-time psychologist 13-month resident (postdoc) placements each year. Supervision and training is a combination of didactic seminars, peer support, supervision of supervision, group supervision, and individual supervision. Postdocs gain experience in the year-long supervision of a doctoral student extern.
We have filled our postdoc positions for the 2021-2022 training year. Information about applications for the 2022-2023 training year will be available in September 2021.
Del Rapier, Psy.D.
LPC/CSWA Interns follow a different hiring and on-boarding process than other trainees, interested applicants can learn more about current opportunities here. All applicants being considered will be contacted by our Human Resources Manager.